Classic DarkRP RulesLOCKED STICKIED
Note: When playing on Parallel Servers, you are expected to understand the rules and guidelines, to the people that don't read rules and give the staff the “I didn’t know that was a rule” excuse, make sure to read the rules this time. We have some rules that are very different from other servers. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to check out our community, feel free to reach out to staff members with any questions/concerns.
If you support what we are doing here, we would really appreciate you taking the time to consider donating. Running a server is not cheap, and every donation goes towards improving the server and maintaining it's upkeep. https://www.parallelservers.co/prometheus/
Section A: General Rules
1. Listen to staff instructions at all times.
2. Be respectful to other players and do not go out of your way to ruin other players experiences on our server.
3. Do not impersonate staff members/other players, failure to change your name if asked by a staff member will lead to an "Ignoring Staff" warn.
4. Do not intentionally abuse exploits, report them to a staff member.
5. Do not leave the server to avoid punishment. (More commonly referred to as LTAP)
6. Do not threaten to or attempt to DDOS/Crash the server.
7. The use of Third Party Software (Cheat Clients, Autoclickers to bypass AFK check etc.) is strictly prohibited.
8. Compromising another player's security (i.e Doxing) is strictly prohibited.
9. The use of external information that you normally wouldn't have in RP (Metagaming) is not allowed.
10. The exchange of in-game money for external resources (real world cash, steam items, etc.) is not allowed.
11. NSFW Content of any kind on Keypads/TV's is not allowed.
12. While AFKing is allowed, expect to have your job changed if you are AFK on a high demand job with low player slots. (Enforceable by Moderators and Above)
Section B: Chat Rules
1. English is the primary language on Parallel Servers, and is the only language allowed in OOC/Advert Chat. (It's fine if you are speaking another language to your friend, but you must have proficient conversational English to play on Parallel Servers)
2. No spamming of /ooc. /advert, or @ chat
3. No micspam unless MOTD/job description says otherwise.
4. Advertising of other Garry's Mod communities is strictly prohibited.
5. Targeted use of language towards other players in a way that can be interpreted as Racism/Hate Speech/Sexual Harrassment is Not Allowed.
- Context matters, staff have final say over situations where thin ice has been treaded.
- If you don't want to leave things up to interpretation for a staff member, stay away from the terms/topics listed below
> N-Word, F-Word, R-Word
> Jokes about Rape/Incest
> Uncomfortable comments that cross other players' boundaries
Section C: Prop Rules
1. Prop-Minging is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to Prop Climbing, Prop Spamming, Prop Shielding and Prop Blocking
2. Prop killing is not allowed.
3. Propblocking spawn is strictly prohibited, and is a bannable offense of 1 month or longer.
4: Maliciously using the Ignite feature is not allowed.
5. Builds that can be interpreted as Racist/Hateful towards marginalized groups are Not Allowed.
- Context matters, staff have final say over situations where thin ice has been treaded.
6. The physgunning of Cameras, Props, or Textscreens into another player's base is not allowed.
7. Abuse of Alt + E sit functionality is not allowed. (FailRP/FailRP During a Raid)
Section D: NLR Rules
1: If you are defending your base and you die in a raid, you can not come back to kill the raiders and you can not inhibit their ability to raid in any way or form for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, you have 1 more attempt to defend if they are still raiding your base.
2: After dying to someone for RP reasons, you cannot attempt any RP actions on them (mugging, kidnapping, killing) for 5 minutes
NLR on Parallel Servers is pretty simple. It is your job to decide whether or not you are able to come back to a specific location after you die. While most people wouldn’t care if you died to a hit on the street and came back, people would probably care if you came back during a raid to kill the person raiding after you died.
Going back to where you died from a hit to see your friends. (Allowed, as long as you are not interacting with the hitman)
Going back to PD as a cop after you got RDM’d. (Allowed, as long as you reported the RDM to a staff member)
Going back to your base at the beach when you died at the fountain. (Allowed, you are staying away from the area that the RP event happened.)
Going back to watch a raid after you get killed. (Allowed, as long as you aren't actively participating in the RP event, you can watch it, but expect to possibly be killed by the raider again if you are close enough to the event.)
Going back to where you died from a hit to kill the hitman. (Not Allowed, you cannot perform RP Actions on the person you died to for 5 mins)
Joe going back to his base after it got raided and he died. (Not Allowed, Joe can't go back until the raid is over or 5 minutes have passed)
Going back to Joe’s house you were raiding after you were killed inside his base. (Not Allowed, you cannot perform RP Actions on the person you died to for 5 mins)
Section E: RP Action Rules
Note: Failure to follow rules in this section will lead to a FailRP/FailRP During a Raid Warn
General RP Rules (GR)
1. RDM/MRDM is Not Allowed
> Random Deathmatch is when a player kills another player for no valid reason.
> Mass RDM is when a player kills 3 players in a short period of time for no valid reason.
2. RDA/MRDA is Not Allowed
> Random Arrest is when a player arrests another player for no valid reason.
> Mass RDA is when a player arrests 3 players in a short period of time for no valid reason.
3. Scamming is Not Allowed
> Scamming is when a player engages in a deceptive act to coerce another player into an exchange for nothing or something miniscule in return.
Raiding Rules (RR)
1. Only jobs with (CAN RAID) in their F4 menu job description are allowed to raid.
2. Any form of raid (Party/PD/Bank etc.) must begin from the entrance of the base/building that is being raided.
3. Raids last 10 minutes, and begin at the first sign of combat, advert, or keycrack/lockpick.
4. Raiders that want to raid together must be in an !party, and must advert Party Raid/Assist
5. The cooldown for raiding is 5 minutes for each base (20 minutes for the same base)
6. Raiders can only raid bases that do not have RP Build/Building signs.
7. All Bank/PD Raids must be adverted. (Including Solo Raids)
8. If you are using raiding tools to enter an area, you are KOS to the owner of the area regardless of the sign (or lack thereof)
Mugging Rules (MR)
1. Only jobs with (CAN MUG) in their F4 menu job description are allowed to mug.
2. Jobs that can mug are only allowed to mug once every 5 minutes (10 minutes for the same person)
3. The maximum you can mug for is 10k or 10000
4. All mugs must be adverted (example. /advert Mug drop 10k or die)
5. When mugging, the mugger must give the person being mugged 10 seconds beginning from the advert to drop the money before killing the person they are mugging.
6. When adverting a Warn/Mug the player being targeted must know the advert is targeted at them. (You cannot advert warn/mug behind the back of the target)
Kidnapping Rules (KR)
1. Only jobs with (CAN KIDNAP) in their F4 menu job description are allowed to Kidnap.
2. When kidnapping, a kidnapper must advert Kidnap (ex. /advert Kidnap)
3. Jobs that can Kidnap are only allowed to kidnap once every 5 minutes (10 minutes for the same person)
4. The maximum ransom for a kidnap is 50k or 50000
5. When the handcuffs go onto the kidnapped person, the Kidnapper is allowed to keep them for 10 minutes.
Warning Rules (WR)
1. As any job, if you are being bothered/harassed by another player following you, you can advert Warn.
> If you advert warn to a player 3 times, you are allowed to kill them
2. If the player you are warning stops following you and goes away, you cannot kill the player.
3. Each Warn advert must have 3 seconds in between each advert.
4. If you are being warned by another player, you are not allowed to fight back until you are damaged.
Hit Rules (HR)
1. Jobs that are able to take hits in the !hits menu are not allowed to be in a party.
2. As a Hitman, do not take hits on the same person multiple times in a short time period
3. As a Hitman, you cannot tell someone to place a hit on another player.
4. As a Hitman/Pro Hitman/Master, you must advert all Bank/PD Raids, and you are not allowed to destroy/collect from raidables
Countering Rules (CR)
You can only counter if...
1. You are in a party with the victim of the RP action (ex. your friend's base is getting raided, since you are in the same party as them you shoot the raider)
2. You are Law Enforcement (breaking into homes is illegal, and a default law)
Miscellaneous Rules (MISC)
1. Stealing is allowed, and does not require an advert.
2. Multi-Adverts are not allowed, the use of them will be treated as if you didn't advert at all.
3. Scamming players as a dealer of items is not allowed.
4. Changing jobs during a raid is Not Allowed
5. Raidables are classified as printers, and anything you are able to put into your inventory.
Section F: Basing Rules
Failing to follow these rules will lead to a punishment for Failbasing (Unless explicitly stated elsewhere in the rule)
Banned Base Techniques (BB)
1. Killbox Base Designs are Not Allowed (Any box where the defender can shoot at the raider and the raider can't shoot back)
2. Maze Base Designs are Not Allowed (Bases with long pathways that use the time it takes to get from door to door as the main defense)
3. Bases that make use of Angled Shooting Blinds are Not Allowed.
4. The use of No-Collided Props in a base design is Not Allowed.
5. The use of entities that cause damage to deter raiders is Not Allowed.
6. Base Designs that require a raider to crouch/jump at any point to enter the base are Not Allowed.
7. Blackout/Texturized/Invisible Base Designs that impede a raiders ability to enter are Not Allowed.
8. Base Designs that make use of underwater segments in the loot pathway to gain an advantage against raiders are Not Allowed.
9. Base Designs that make use of elevated walkways that are intentionally designed to make entry into the base for a raider difficult are Not Allowed.
10. Modifying the material/color/fading door status of printers/valuables is Not Allowed.
General Basing Rules (GR)
1. You may not build in a way that blocks or restricts access to any unique NPC's or entities that are important for a job. (Punishment: Propblock)
2. You may not build in a way that blocks or restricts another player's ability to travel freely around the map. (Punishment: Propblock)
3. Builds that block out the sky, or are in any way unnecessarily large, are not allowed. (Punishment: Propblock)
4. Jobs with door ownership can only base in the building with their respective door ownership. (Punishment: Failbasing)
> Jobs that have door ownership will have their required basing area in the F4 Job Description labeled as Required Basing Area
> Examples of this include: Government Jobs, Bank Jobs in Bank, Sewer Dwellers in Sewers
5. Making changes to your base during a raid is not allowed. (Punishment: FailRP During a Raid)
6. Opening Fading Doors using Keybinds is not allowed. (Punishment: Fading Door Abuse)
7. In order to be part of/defend a base, you must have your name on the front door, or visible in the base signage for a potential raider.
> For bases w/o front doors, place a textscreen in front of your base with the names of the players basing in there. (sign must be at least size 40 and visible)
8. A base must be designed in a way where both parties can see and shoot at one another during a raid.
GGR9. Megabasing (quartering off a large area of a map) is not allowed
10. Building anything that is in or above the fountain area is not allowed. (on the sidewalk and in the fountain area itself)
Design Rules (DR)
1. A base can have a maximum of four keypad doors to get in or out.
2. Each keypad door must have a Hold Length of five seconds minimum, with no Initial Delay.
3. All base designs must have a clear entryway to the raidables. (The raider should know where to go on the first raid)
4. World Glow Glitch props are allowed, but they are not allowed to be shot through during a raid.
5. Shooting blinds are allotted a minimum width/height size of 1 "cube025x025x025" prop.
6. All buttons used to open shooting blinds in a base must be binded to one key. (Separate buttons to open separate windows are not allowed)
7. The space between 1 keypad door and another must be able to fit 2 people.
8. A base must be designed in a way where the raider can see the defender when they are shooting at the raider.
9. The use of keypads and buttons to disorient or throw off a raider is not allowed.
Sign Rules (SR)
Note: Voiding any of these rules will make your sign invalid/lead to a Failbase Punishment.
1. There are 3 allowed sign types in Parallel Servers
> KOS Signs (Used to show that entering an area makes you kill on sight)
> Building Signs (Used to show there is no raidables and that the base is still under construction)
> RP Build (Used to show that your complete build has no raidables, and is for RP only, bases with this sign can't be raided!)
2. KOS/Building/RP Build signs must be...
> Size 40 or above
> Specific (No "KOS Any Reason"/"KOS if Annoying/KOS if Loitering" signs, the more specific the better.)
- Staff have final say on signs, if you have an issue with a staff interpretation, reach out to Wilkers
3. KOS/Building/RP Build Signs are not allowed to be blended into the background of whatever they are being placed on.
4. KOS/Building/RP Build signs must be easily visible, at the front entrance of the build/base.
5. If you have an RP Build Sign, you are not participating in activities that constitute a raid from a criminal job. Only the Hitman Job can raid your base.
6. You cannot stack different types of signs, you can either have a KOS sign, Building sign, or RP Build sign.
Section G: Job Rules
For non-government job rules, refer to the F4 Menu Description for the job you would like to play.
Government Rules (GO)
1. As law enforcement, there is a distinct difference between an arrestable offense and a killable offense.
> Killable Offense: Any crime that puts the lives of you or your fellow officers/citizens at risk, or a crime where the perpetrator refuses to listen to orders. (examples include but are not limited to: raiding, mugging with a gun, kidnapping after the kidnapper refuses orders)
> Arrestable Offense: Any crime where you and your fellow officers/citizens are not in immediate risk
2. As a Law Enforcement officer (SWAT, Police Officer, etc.), you must advert raid with a valid search reason from the mayor to check a base for valuables.
3. Law Enforcement must advert all raids to remove valuables.
4. The following types of laws are not allowed. (FailRP and Demotion)
> Laws that punish jaywalking in any way.
> Laws that involve KOS punishments
> Laws that put a group or person above the law.
> Laws that make a group or person AOS
> Laws that involve Direct Taxation/Forcing Players to Give Money
> Laws that seriously inhibit the flow of normal roleplay (i.e purge laws, jumping/running against the law, etc.)
5. Lockdowns must be adverted, and can only last for a maximum of 10 minutes with a cooldown of 30 minutes.
6. Law Enforcement are not allowed to taze random players without reason.
7. The mayor's office is automatically KOS to anyone that is not the Mayor or the Mayor's Wife.